LCD display to display charging voltage, charging current, charge time and Ampere-Hours put back.
EQUALISE Facility, Temperature Compensation.
Electronic protection against reverse battery, over current & short circuit.
Accepts wide input voltage variation.
Front panel LEDs for displaying charging and fault status.
MP1 Charger Selection Chart for Flooded lead acid tractin batteries
For Recharging And Equalising Of Flooded Lead Acid Batteries
1. Features two modes – 'NORMAL' and 'EQUALISE'.
2. 'NORMAL mode Re-charging' means restoring charge to a battery that is discharged after normal usage in the vehicle. The MP3 Charger in NORMAL mode can re-charge batteries that have been discharged down to 1.55 V/cell.
3. Equalising charge is required for batteries after they are fully charged to ensure that all cells are balanced – i.e, all cell voltages and battery specific gravities are approximately equal. This ensures that all cells of the battery are discharged during the work-shift phase. This prevents some cells from being either under-charged or over-charged during the charging phase and prolongs battery life.
4. EQUALISE mode charging in the MP3 Charger combines the functions of recovering deeply-discharged batteries, re-charging up to 100% state-of-charge and providing equalizing charge.
5. The MP3 Charger in 'EQUALISE mode' allows charging of batteries that are discharged down to 1.1V/cell (deeply-discharged).
6. Leading battery manufacturers recommend true constant current equalizing. This is to "extend battery life".